This video uses a simple rod element. The axial stress and stiffness are calculated.
Watch the video and answer the questions contained within it.
Video 1 (3:49)
When the Youtube video has finished, hit the rewind button to review, or read on for more lesson information.
The video posed several questions:
- Robert Hooke – some details of the man
- Rod Stiffness = EA/L – does that sound right?
- What is the Engineering Strain definition
Other information of interest – check it out!
- “New to FEA?” FEA Article by Tony Abbey
- Thomas Young – his history
- “Who’s on first, Hooke or Young?” FEA Article by Tony Abbey
Leave a Reply