Video : 60 minutes presentation and curated Q and A
Over-constrained, under-constrained or somewhere in the middle with FEA!
Boundary conditions are probably the most difficult aspect of static FEA
- It is easy to forget to apply adequate constraints – Rigid Body Modes result!
Over constraining is more subtle:
- The physics of the boundary need looking at carefully
- Is constraining to ground realistic?
Somewhere in the middle:
- Boundary stiffnesses (via springs etc.) are an alternative
- Minimum constraint (or inertia relief) is attractive as it avoids constraints
- Reactions are applied as Actions